PRISTINE RAPIDFIRE AUTOBREAK CODES AND PLAYLIST MARKERS
Pristine RapidFire's system of Autobreak Codes and Playlist Markers provides users the ability to program complex formats that
require rotation resets during the hour, program joins at specific times, and/or unique ends to the hour. The following table
outlines the Functions, Autobreak Codes, Playlist Markers, and Descriptions used in setting up these features of RapidFire.
|DURING THE HOUR
|At the end of the current event playing at the scheduled time in the Autobreak Format, jump to the correct marker.
|CutTo No Fade
|At the scheduled time in the Autobreak Format, cut to the correct marker with NO FADE.
|At the scheduled time in the Autobreak Format, FADE to the correct marker.
|END OF HOUR
||Finish current item in playlist, then go to the first item of the next hour.
||At the scheduled time in the Autobreak Format, fade out the current playlist item and go to the first item of the next hour.
||At the scheduled time in the Autobreak Format, cut the current playlist item and go to the first item of the next hour with NO FADE.
RapidFire will execute your Autobreak Formats, even if it means going backwards in the hour and repeating events. Be sure to schedule more than enough programming material for the markers to be ahead of the scheduled function, if not RapidFire will go backwards to the specified marker.
- Create members in Pristine Music Plus for each Playlist Marker you plan on using. Make each marker member one second long with a one second fade time. Make them hard disk audio items, even though the actual audio will not exist. Put a description of the marker in the Title field, the marker number in the Artist field, and leave them in Category K Level 1, along with the remaining defaults in the other Music Plus fields.
- Create the necessary Autobreak Formats in the "Autobreaks and Liner Formats" program on your Scheduling Computer. For those who have setup Autobreaks in the old MMCS system, the RapidFire version is very similar, but you do not need to setup a bogus relay item like you did in MMCS.
- Create Day Formats in the "Autobreaks and Liner Formats" program.
- The data created by the "Autobreaks and Liner Formats" program will be transferred to the Playback Server when you transfer your next playlist in Music Plus. If you need to transfer this data in between playlist transfers, then go to Music Plus and transfer only the data under PROGRAMMER/RAPIDFIRE PLAYLISTS/TRANSFER DATA ONLY - YES.
- Schedule the Playlist Markers in Music Plus or your other music scheduling program. Usually this is done in Music Formats in Music Plus, while using the Sequence method of scheduling. The Playlist Markers must be in numeric order for the Autobreak Code used for a particular hour. For example, if you wanted two JumpTo markers in an hour, schedule 99901 in the first position and 99902 in the second.
RapidFire's Autobreak Codes and Playlist Markers are a powerful feature when setup properly. It may take some testing by trial and error before you get your Autobreak Formats and Playlists scheduled exactly as you want, but RapidFire will
perform as promised and execute your commands as instructed.
© 1997 Professional Management Services Inc.
All Rights Reserved. MS-DOS® is a trademark of Microsoft, Inc.
This page last updated 11/30/97